Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Great Ocean Road Adventure

Well, once again I am starting a blog entry with apologies for being so slow!  Really must do better.

So, I have been busy.  On 22nd Jan we flew down to Melbourne and attended my friend Dino's 40th birthday party.  It was fabulous!  The venue was gorgeous - he had it in the function space at the back of a restaurant called Jorg in Fitzroy North.  And the food was delectable; I think the wait staff must have thought we were the biggest pigs as they always made sure to come straight over to our little group.  AND he had a macaron tower as a cake!  I didn't take any photos as the lovely and talented Steve, who really is a brilliant photographer (as well as many other things, see the link to his band Asian Envy in my links), was taking so many.  Here is one he took of me and my wonderful friend Ross (the other half of Asian Envy).  I have copied & pasted it from his Facebook so I hope it turns out big enough.  And so, readers ... you finally see my fringe!  It has grown so much, it's really more sideswept than a "fringe".  Perhaps what the Americans would call "bangs".  You can see how I'd been going "nom nom nom" on the food & drink by the total lack of lippy left on!


Speaking of Americans and young Ross here, he is about to move to New York City in a few weeks.  How bloody exciting!!!

Anyway ... great night had by all at Dino's party and the next day, the mister & I picked up the hire car and headed off to Warrnambool via the Great Ocean Road.  Well, it was a long day of driving but what a beautiful part of the world it is!  We stayed in Warrnambool for 2 nights, at the lovely Sebel - it is a really gorgeous town and I was so pleasantly surprised by it.  We also visited Port Fairy, which is a bit further on.  Strong contender for nicest town I've ever seen - what a fairytale little place!  I was seriously ready to pack up & move there. Here are some piccies from our trip - enjoy.

The amazing pole house - have been dying to see this!




12 Apostles, of course ... or 7, or however many are left.


At Port Fairy
 ... who couldn't handle living by that?  Plus a fantastic cafe with yummy food (well, we only sampled one but there were several) & gorgeous, gorgeous houses right on the river!  Wish I had taken photos of that because it was just picturesque.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic holiday!
    Some beautiful photos you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos - I've never been to the Great Ocean Road, wow :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!