Tuesday, July 12, 2011

More Wedding Bells


Well, I had a phone call late this afternoon from my friend Suze (she was our bridesmaid).  I missed the call, but she left a very happy sounding message saying she was calling from Byron Bay (she is a teacher, so on holidays) with "some news".  I felt pretty sure I knew what the news was going to be, and I was right.  I rang her back, and her boyfriend had proposed last night, on the beach up at Byron.  How lovely for them!  This made me crack open some bubbly we had in the fridge.  Nice to have an excuse to do that on a Tuesday night!

In other news, I haven't posted since my appointment with the surgeon last week.  He didn't pressure me into having the surgery, but from the information I'd been given, it really seems the best option.  Once I said I was definitely going to have it, he agreed this was the best choice (I'm sure he wasn't just saying that because of any monetary benefit for him!!).  He told me a bit more about my fibroids, and said the biggest one is the size of a baby's head!  That is enough for me to want them out, right there.  Because we're going to Hawaii at the end of this month, I'll be waiting until after that for the surgery - even though I'm very aware of them now & know now that the stomach pains I get are probably because of the fibroids.  I can't wait to get them out, although I am not looking forward to the recovery.  My surgery is booked in for 31st August - first up in the morning.  He will not know until he starts playing around whether he'll be able to do the whole thing laporoscopically or if he'll have to cut me right open to do the job properly.  So I won't know until I wake up whether it will be a 2 week or 4-6 week recovery time.  Hmmm, fingers crossed for the former.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your friends! I so want a wedding to go to...
    Fingers crossed for a good 2 week only recovery.
    Will be thinking of you... Well that is if I am not in labour, or something!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!