Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - Year in Review

Well, what a ride this year has been!  Got fit & healthy (ish) again and lost 18kgs in the process.  Injured my ankle, battled crazy-weird rashes and other strange ailments, planned my wedding & then got to marry the love of my life.  That was the most amazing part of all!!  Oh, and I got a new hairstyle on xmas eve. I promised I'd tell you more about that ... it involves a kind-of sideswept fringe.  Not really a fringe, but gee it was weird having hair across my forehead for the first time in years!  I will hopefully get some photos tonight (as we're having a party here at home) & post.  Everyone loves it & keep telling me I look so much younger.  I'm just hoping it's not a mutton dressed as lamb scenario.  My sister in law assured me that one doesn't become mutton until 45.

2011 has a lot to live up to, but I'm excited about it.  I'm going to get back on track with my fitness & eating, after relaxing & treating myself a bit too much the past 2 months.  This is also going to be the year I finally give up smoking.  Yes, I know - filthy habit and absolutely MUST give up well before beginning any babymaking attempts.  Oh yeah, that's the other thing on the agenda for 2011.  Well, maybe ... we'll see how we go.  I also need to change jobs.  Even though I just did in May this year, I don't like it & it's not for me.

Have a wonderful NYE everyone, and all the best for the new year.  I am cooking up a feast for our little party tonight, so better get back to it!

5 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic night tonight!!!
    Staying at your place and have people come to yours sounds like an excellent idea!
    We have promised to have NYE at ours next year... (That will be interesting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to some pictures of the fringe!!

    oh wow, 18 kilos, that is an excellent effort.. you must be really proud of yourself!

    Good luck with the smoking. I know nicotine is one of the most addicive substances in the world and quitting is soo hard. But you obviously have stong will power to drop 18 kilos so I know you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had an awesome NYE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! Happy new year to you all.

    Oh emmie - can you believe, I didn't get any photos of myself on NYE.

    Having a family dinner tonight for my nephew's birthday so might get one then. The fringe has grown so much by now actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reading your post and your new hair sounds nice, any pics of it yet?? If you want to laugh at hair check out my list of embarrassing do's on my blog http://nicolehsworld.blogspot.com/
    Hope to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!